Spotlight Hobbies

Picked up the latest NPD Catalog for '48-79 Ford Truck - was shocked to see how many parts are still listed

I still harbor a dream of finding that shorty flareside pickup some day. Failing that, I'd settle for shortening a frame and flinging a repro flareside bed on the back. Thus my interest in poring over the catalog. Alas, some parts are easily available, but the year-specific Flareside quarters are not. At one time, it was possible to buy a complete knock-down shorty flareside replacement bed kit, but that is no longer available.

The MCM story does a good job of pointing out what will work on a '75-up Effie. And I might just say daheckwiddit and throw a Moby bed on an AMT '70-something and call it good.

Will also throw this bone out there: if someone could master the correct Flareside items, I could get them cast. Thinking that a 2-D plotter engraver to make the quarters and front wall would be pretty much ideal. The other bits could be 3D, such as cross rails, etc, and the whole thing could practically snap together. Leave the bed floor for basswood strips... yep.

Messages In This Thread