Spotlight Hobbies

have a question....anyone built the AMT Silhouette Show Car...I have # 31224 from 2001, instructions are not clear...does the rear window of the car go on the outside or from the inside of the body shell, it would seem to be from the inside but there is very little room

between the body shell & the interior tub and I'd rather not crack the clear rear window..........I started this kit 20 yrs ago glued the upper & lower body pieces together then cut an acess panel out of the lower body piece to allow the built chassis with an injected Buick nailhead as per the original 1:1 build by Bill Cushenbery.......painted Tamiya Pearl White but gunna add some sort of fade colour but just checking various fit areas and have come across this rear window issue........the kit clear part has a weird molded edge that stops the trunk lid from operating and the window seems to be a better fit inside the body shell but I'm having a problem getting the interior tub to fit............wondering whether this is because of my assembly(gluing the upper/lower body pieces together) or does the rear window actually attach on the outside of the body shell.........any ideas or info appreciated.....thanks Andy Douglas

Messages In This Thread