Spotlight Hobbies

I think writing it off as strictly military is a mistake - there have been some pretty good car articles in there by some Boardista

Including Mark Jones, Tim Boyd and others. IT is not the primary focus, for sure, but I look at it differently. To me, it's about technique, materials and tools at least as much as the subject.

All modelers use (basically) the same techniques and materials/tools, it's good to come at them from a different angle. I recall this discussion when SA went away and the first FSM landed in the mailbox. Inside that issue were at least five applicable techniques for weathering, painting, simulating rust on chrome, etc, etc.

Bogging down a tank in a field of simulated mud is not radically different than a "ran when parked" diorama of an abandoned Chevy, for example.

But, it is your money, not mine, and to the op, I get it at the LHS on an issue-by-issue basis instead of subscribing. Definitely worth looking at and thinking laterally about the content before dismissing altogether.

Messages In This Thread