Spotlight Hobbies

There was some talk on another forum about the potential for Round 2 to do their magic on the '71/'72 Plymouth Road Runner tooling. Just wondering if other board participants would like to see that one come back. (Steve G. seemed to show some interest in that thread...) *PIC*

I for one would be ecstatic to see it come back, as either year, or preferably both (the '72 hasn't been available since 1972, IIRC). I'd love to see both hoods offered, as well as stripe options.

The '71 kit still had a Superbird nose cone and wing included in its last reissue (some 30ish years ago), presumably a prototype of the one that was cancelled when NASCAR crippled the wing cars with severe cubic inch limits, which all but outlawed the Superbirds and Daytonas in NASCAR. This would have made it impractical for the company to spend the money converting Road Runners to Superbirds for the street (to attain minimum production numbers to be NASCAR legal). So that could likely be included in any revised issue.

The '72 is shown below, with 2 different hoods and stripe options. I say: bring it on! :-)

Messages In This Thread