Spotlight Hobbies

Pulled the trigger *PIC*

My 2015 Buick, that I bought new had a small leak under it, beings it was reddish I thought it was from the transmission. I crawled under it and really couldn't find where it was coming from, but also noticed a coat of oil on the engine oil pan.

I took it over to the Buick dealer, the reddish liquid was from the coolant line that was getting ready to go. That repair would cost around 700 to fix and I had them fix it, the Buick had over 94,000 miles on it.

They also wrote up a grocery list of other things it needed repaired, around 5 grand, a few months ago I had a front wheel bearing replaced, and I knew the Catalatic Converter was going bad.

When it was done and I was on my way to the casheir, I told the guy, wait that I was going to buy a new car! He probably thought right! lol, so I went car shopping, as I was afraid to drive the car on trips anymore, it had been a good car for 8 years.

I found a brand new 2023 Encore GX, I really liked, and the sticker price was good. Took pictures and sent them to Kathy, the sales department hadn't opened yet, I grabbed the first salesman that came in and told him I wanted that car, and where I wanted my payments to be. They prequalified me, They tried to low ball me, giving me 6,000 for my Buick which was low end trade in, as I stood up to walk out, guess when you have an 833 credit score it gets their attention, I said I wanted 7,500 trade in, which they did.

I told them they had a 700 repair bill in maintenance, which they tried to bulk at saying it was mine, I said it was their car and thev took care of it, why should I pay 700 on a car I didn't own anymore, as they would just write it off.

Went and got the wife, she really likes it to. When I got out of the army I sold cars for awhile and learned the inside ops and how to spot red flags. I wasn't even planning on buying a new car.

Messages In This Thread