Spotlight Hobbies

I can't put hands on mine, Tim... but... I'm recalling that AMT Parts Pack bits will fit the Dodge Sedan (which would make a great cop car!)

AMT had state of the art engraving in the era, on full display with the Parts Pack Custom Grilles and Bumpers set.

The Dart and 300 grilles make me wonder if there was some other agenda afoot at AMT (snag Chrysler business?) or they just grooved on the wild shapes and textures.

I recall when grokking one evening with my MCR Revell Dodge Dart that the AMT grille would fit without a lot of fuss. I am also recalling some other parts on the AMT Parts Pack tree that might sub in for the Revell items (headlights? taillights?)

Of all the Revell 'annuals' I am fondest of the Newport Convertible. There is a 1:1 that has been to at least a dozen or so Woodward Cruises - black, red interior, TT2's nicely lowered. IMO, that would be the best candidate. But I dig them all, and the art department at Revell deserves special mention for the seamless integration of the 1962 ChryCo collateral (catalog/print) work with the packaging of the kits. Hoping that Atlantis can see their way clear to emulating that great work!

Messages In This Thread