Spotlight Hobbies

Good evening guys, I have a new project to get started on soon.

My coworker's dad owns this chopped Deuce coupe and Tommy asked me if I'd be willing to build a replica for his dad for his birthday on May 1st. I have Revell's '32 3 window coupe kit and I just got Drag City resin's beautiful chopped 3 window body today. Tommy is trying to get his dad to send some more detail shots of the car so I can get the details correct. These are the pictures I have to go on so far:

I can see a small block Chevy with block hugger headers, a double pumper carb and the Lynx air cleaner, along with a/c. In your opinion, what kit engine would you suggest? I know I have one of those Lynx air cleaner filters somewhere.I can probably use most of the '32 kit's interior but I will need to modify the upholstery a bit and change the dash to a longer gauge panel. What kit has one like this? I'm not sure what brand mags this puppy has but they kind of look like Torque Thrusts but not quite. Probably my biggest issue will be the paint job, most notably the flames. I haven't really done any custom airbrushing before. Maybe some of you can suggest how to plan the flame job? Thanks for any help or tips you can provide and have a great evening!

Bob Kremer

Messages In This Thread