Spotlight Hobbies

Fun little back story... I especially like the part about the police... Reminds me a bit of an experience I had last fall....
In Response To: Back Story *PIC* ()

An alley runs behind the building we live in and directly across the alley is the back entrance to the local police department,
with parking for the department's cruisers and employee parking.

Anyway, one of the issues I ran into, when I finally started building again, was finding a place to spray paint. Talking to the building's manager,
he suggested that it should be okay to simply paint outside, as long as no-one complains and I don't get paint on anything....
The building's back door is literally right outside of my apartment, so that worked out great for me!

As I got started working on models again, I would step outside (and around the corner of my the building, as it offers a bit more protection from wind)
to shoot a bit of primer, or paint smaller sub-assemblies... Always just a squirt and right back in the apartment.

So, finally came the day that I was ready to actually shoot the finish color on something (My '50 Chevy shop truck)....
I had all the parts mounted on three separate paint stands, took everything out to my "spot" and started spraying the Testors One Coat Inca Gold...
I and had been shooting for a few minutes and kinda got into the zone, when i suddenly sensed that someone was behind me.....
I turned around to find three Dixon City Police officers standing there, intently watching me.... I figured I was about to hear that someone had complained,

Instead it turned out that they had been watching me from their break room and were curious to see what I was up to.
We chatted for a few minutes about where I get my kits and supplies and hobbies in general...
Once I was finished, one officer even helped me by carrying one of the paint stands back in to the apartment, so that I only had to make one trip.

It was actually a very cool experience..

Messages In This Thread