Spotlight Hobbies

ON THE BENCH... Moving forward in between projects and it was time enough for it to have gassed out. Painted with enamel old Testor Boyd color. PIX and thanks for looking

I was given this car by our own "JACKY" Lira and yes I said GIVEN. Can I be humbled? YES I CAN.
After giving many thanks I proceeded in say this will be up on wheels by the weekend... Well that statement I couldn't take back after I started taking it apart. I'm NOT complaining. The rear springs just broke off into several pieces, I did find a rear end unit origin unknown but in my parts box, the springs are a bit off but I can make it work. The exhaust at the rear was glued so hard into the chassis and the springs that broke off into 3 pieces, was able to salvage it by piecing it together. The engine I was able to get out but the glue destroyed the rear of the transmission and it was glued to the transmission tunnel so I had to grind it off. I'm NOT complaining. Once out I was able to get the engine apart stripping the chrome pieces and repainting the engine. I found the wheels in my wheels parts box from where they came is a mystery. Bought some AMT Tempo printed Good Years. Did more digging for wheel backs
Enter the interior, things were so glued in I didn't want to destroy the dash or the seats so I thought it best to just clean it good and work within that color so I chose the dark blue.
I'm NOT complaining. I stripped the bumpers and painted them with the new Revell Chrome paint. Wonderful project to rebuild something that to many may be "I CAN'T DO THIS".
So my many thanks goes out to JACKY.

Messages In This Thread