Spotlight Hobbies

I personally wouldn't do it, but there is nothing worse than someone telling you what you can do with your money or personal property.

I had a friend who years ago bought a very nice 1:1 57 Chevy so he could build a pro-street car out of it. No amount of talking or begging could get him to change his mind. "it's just a car" was his reply. Even when presented with other , less expensive options. Made me sick, but the last thing I was going to do was tell him what he could do with it, I have lost touch with him, but last I heard it was still not finished, but he did cut the S%&$ out of it though.......sigh.

I recently saw an episode of Ian Roussel's "Full Custom Garage" and he cut up what appeared to the naked eye to be a nice 50 something Desosto to mate with a CV chassis. It was the worst thing I've ever seen him build. He has mad skills, but that was a hideous mess. IMHO. Point is, he cut a perfectly good car to build it, when all he really needed was the rear clip, or so it appeared. You can make the argument that it was never going to see the light of day as a restoration, but who knows.

Messages In This Thread