Spotlight Hobbies

My latest finished model. Monogram's old Chaparral kit.

I got this kit in a trade from a friend and decided to build it for Finescale Modeler's "Build A Model Month" in November. I built it out of the box with a couple enhancements. I widened the rear wheels a bit and replaced the too narrow no name tires with two sizes of Goodyears even though the cars apparently ran with Firestones all the time. When I was applying the nearly 20 year old decals, the Firestone decals and rear "65" disintegrated in the water so I figured I would add some old Goodyear markings since my car is running Goodyear tires. I also scratchbuilt some intake trumpets out of aluminum tubing and flared them with a tapered tool I found at work. They aren't all straight but they look decent together. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. I found an old original Monogram Ferrari 275P kit built and painted in decent shape in my stash and paired the two together. I researched those old Monogram slot car kits and found one of the Scarab rear engine kit and ordered one of them. The body is molded in a nice medium blue and it's glossy enough that I'm toying with the idea of just polishing the plastic and finishing it that way. I will stick with just these three cars that will give me a red white and blue combination. Here are some pics of the Chaparral.

Thanks for looking,

Bob Kremer

Messages In This Thread