Spotlight Hobbies

Bill as far as I can tell it's a straight reissue. It has some nice detail but parts fit is a bit fiddly and the wheelbase is off just a bit. Here's one I just finished a few weeks ago.

Some of the the side chrome trim had to be reglued a few times because a couple pieces kept detaching. If I'd build another one, I might seriously consider gluing them on the bare plastic body and then rechroming them after the body is painted. Also, it seemed like wheel base was a bit off and the wheels weren't perfectly centered in the wheel openings. Also, the taillight bezels didn't fit in the body properly so I would probably investigate enlarging the body openings. The fit of the body and interior to the body was pretty tight but is doable with some care. I'm thinking about getting another kit and converting it to a post coupe and building a more basic looking model. The AMT '66 Cutlass kit, on the other hand, is very nicely detailed and went together real well. I have another hardtop that I plan to convert to the post coupe as well with steelies and caps hopefully. I also have one of the convertibles to build too.
Bob Kremer

Messages In This Thread