Spotlight Hobbies

I built the MPC '63 Corvette split window in 1/16, and dang was that an easy kit to get together, and looked great in the bargain

Really put the time into it - it was a gift for my best man at our wedding, even got him the display base and the "Built For... " plaque.

My hobby was a running joke when we were roomates, and it was my chance to land one for him that would last a while.

Everything just went together well with very little tweaking, easily detailed with some minor add ins like heater hoses, plug wires, etc. Guards Red with a clear, and one of my better BMF applications, even checked hard in the library for where argent/anodize/etc surfaces were in addition to the washes.

No idea what ever happened to it, though - he has five boys who he raised by himself. Hoping that somehow it survived, but doubting same on reflection.

I have another in the shop from a garage sale that's been patiently sitting there while I debate the color scheme... Daytona Blue over a silver interior which would be a big change up for me, or, Silver with a blue/dark blue interior (v. the more expected red or black.)

Sure would be good to see it back!

Messages In This Thread