Spotlight Hobbies

Let's take a walk back through the AMT issues of the Ford Galaxie kits, from 1960 to 1970 shall we? (PICS)

Now, what is funny, is that I am really a "Chevy guy." However, over the years I've grown to appreciate the big Galaxies and have collected a considerable number of the kits, with one or two promos thrown in for good measure.

AMT did three of this year.

The next one is a Skyliner, but it is the big Ford. AMT did a four door promo and I have a resin copy of that but the body is warped so I'll probably never build it.

AMT covered this year pretty well.

Starliner

Skyliner (convertible)

Formal roof hardtop

Promo, I'm using the bumpers from the fastback kit and will be repainting this one.

Sunliner. I have one I'm building stock but no pictures of it.

This one is a rebuild I got. It was already half customed, so I decided to do the full custom treatment to it.

There are quite a few curbside versions of this kit out. I have one that I am using the custom pieces from the original issued kit on it.

Original issue with engine.

And the convertible

I'm working on a convertible, but I have no pictures of it yet, here is the box. Comes with a clear glass up top.

I have built a bunch of these over the years but have very few left. Here are a couple I have going now.

This particular one I got way back in 1974 or 1973. I was in Sacramento California while my dad was stationed at the army depot there. Originally was painted black with a strobe strip of blue green and red done with testors transparent colors. I removed the old paint and reshot it with some dupkicolor green. I want to fix the glue sink mark on the roof and put a few more coats on it.

The elusive convertible. Comes with a clear glass up top.

Rare and expensive, if you got them in 1967 you are golden.

AMT only did a fastback version of this Galaxie in 68. I have a couple of rebuilders plus an unbuilt in the box.

I have a couple of these. One I got back in 1980 and it's still being worked on.

AMT did a curb side version of the LTD, which I do not have. But everyone on this board should know about this one. It's been released as a taxi and as a Hobby Heaven cop car.

And that is the end of the big Fords from AMT. I would have liked to have seen some 68, 69 and 70 convertible Galaxies but it was not to be. I think a lot of the models we are able to get were dictated by what the car manufactures wanted done. Else why would we have gotten models of 61 and 62 Buick special station wagons? Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this little trip down memory lane.

Thank you for reading along.

Messages In This Thread