Spotlight Hobbies

Scott: Thanks for posting these. Early NASCAR and short track kits are among my favourites. I had a number of these when I was a kid, but cut up many of the box covers to put up on the wall in my bedroom. Boxes didn't tend to be kept anyhow, but somehow...

...I have managed to retain all of the built kits that I had, though some were built somewhat crude.

I also managed to keep and obtain a few unbuilts from the era, and feel fortunate that many of them have been reissued or are currently being reissued (Spotlight has just received stock on the Lennie Pond Malibu, which as I understand now has the gold portion of the paint job in decals to make it much easier to do). The Salvinos Mopars have also allowed me to fill in a few holes, even though they aren't the original kits, it's nice to have them.

I also had all of the Chrysler kit cars, and have purchased the reissues as they came available (wish the "Valiant Scamp" had actually been a Scamp and not a Dart with different decal sheet), and most of the MPC Super Stockers series (was never able to get the Trickle Mustang or the Barracuda). Have a bunch of the Mod Stockers (with huge tires, but they trade out nicely with more in-scale tires) and a bunch of the modified kits as well.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane... your post reminds me that R2 still has some options open for Chevelle/Malibu reissues if sales of the Lennie Pond car go well enough... :-)

Messages In This Thread