Spotlight Hobbies

My second build of 2024...the Uncertain T. A tip o' the hat to Tim Boyd, for the construction help provided by him on his Fotki site. PICS

A funny coincidence, I had just finished the paint on the body, when we got the news that the real 1:1 car had been found! Rather appropriate timing for this, I think!

Now, being retired, I've really been getting into my older kits. I thought it was time to build one of my Uncertain T kits. Mint kit from my stash; I just wanted to build the car, I really don't care about the display or figure.

I got some helpful construction tips from Tim Boyd. Paint is a combination of Metalflake Testor's Revving Red and Fiery Orange laquer, Wet Look Clear. In some of the pics it appears a bit more reddish than it really is; sorry for the poor pics, I'm no photographer. Top is Tamiya Matte Black. Windshield chrome is Gundam Chrome marker. Went mostly smooth, except for one of those things- lost the license plate somewhere on the build table, or the carpet monster got it; I looked and looked, no dice. Used a plate from the parts box, and a decal (Montana- though neither the car or I am from there). Typical Monogram, so easy to build! Not perfect, I'm no pro. I hope I did justice to this iconic kit. Finally got one on the shelf- comments welcome!

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Messages In This Thread