Spotlight Hobbies

Awesome project! I had a '65 Valiant 100 wagon (Canadian version) years ago. IIRC, '65 was the first year that they didn't mix an American Valiant front clip with a Dart body...

If I'm remembering this correctly, for 1965 the Canadian Valiant 100 was the equivalent to the American Valiant with some small detail differences (like no "Plymouth" badges - Valiant was a stand alone brand sold at both Plymouth and Dodge dealers in Canada), and the Canadian Valiant 200 was the equivalent to the American Dart.

However, for '63 and '64, Canadian Valiants had the American Valiant front clip mounted on the American Dart body. For '66, if I'm remembering this right, all Canadian Valiants (except Barracuda) used the American Dart body. Barracuda was almost identical to the US model, but still badged as a "Valiant Barracuda". Then for '67 on, all Canadian A-bodies were virtually identical to the US cars.

I would love to build a model of my old wagon, but I don't recall ever seeing a model (or resin) of the '65 Valiant wagon, unfortunately.

Messages In This Thread