Spotlight Hobbies

Random Stuff in My Stash. *PIC*

I have this thing, I guess, about '62 Chevy Impalas.

I've been picking up model kit stuff for years. But what's fun is how different the various models are.

This is an original AMT '62 Impala annual kit body, based on the promo. Promos came out first, then the kit versions.

This is a Modelhaus hardtop conversion of the '90s era '62 convertible.

This is a recent Revell '62 Impala. I was always disappointed with this kit because the fender openings/wheel arches are too square and flat--more like a '64 than a '62.

Here's the same body after I reshaped the fender openings a little. Not sure how accurate this still is, but it looks better to my eye.

Here are both Modelhaus '62 Impala resin kit bodies, the dark one based on the original kit (you use a '63 or '64 kit for chassis and engine), and the light one--again--based on the '90s era convertible. All-American Models did an original '62, too. I have one. It's dark brown just like the Modelhaus kit. Must have been the resin they were using at the time. This is pretty early--probably mid-80s.

And the '90s version.

Here's another original--when I bought it and as it is now. I still remember black wheels, baby moons and narrow whitewalls. If you couldn't afford custom wheels, that was the next best thing.

And another original. When I saw this, I thought it was a promo but it's a built kit. Nicely done, too.

Like I said, I have this thing...

Terry

Messages In This Thread