Spotlight Hobbies

Finished A 57 T-Bird done my way PICS

Like many siblings my late brother also built models when we were younger. I have the remains of the 57 T-Bird he built using the Stylized parts so did some online looking at original box art and thought the early version of this kit looked like a sixties GT car. It was only issued in this format in ’61 and ‘63 I believe, except for the roof and continental kit (yuck) all the custom and stylized parts disappeared in subsequent issues.
Deciding on an early sixties GT car I had not only the inspiration but the parts to build it – Fujimi Ferrari 250 GTO. I used the chassis (needed a bit of stretching), wheels and tires and the interior. I couldn’t use a Ferrari engine of course so used a Ford V8 Paxton supercharged engine from Texas 3D customs. Added a small spoiler at the rear and the headlights came from the taillights repurposed. Mesh grille and taillights are from a later issue. Colour is Tamiya Italian Red over Tamiya pink primer.
It is satisfying when a build turns out as envisioned and I have another 57 T-Bird started. It will be wilder and will use some parts from my brother’s build.

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Thanks for looking.

Messages In This Thread