Spotlight Hobbies

Re: Ray,yep I agree,there are general similarities,but this custom 48 Ford(Efigy,a play on the GMH series term of "FJ" for the 1953-56 Holdens) still looks more like the Efijy than any 1948 Ford or custom version I've ever seen,lol,would love to hear Juhas take on this idea,

I agree, there are similarities in the designs. It must be that 1940s cars' overall proportions much dictate how the end result will look like. I did the basic design skethces for my model in the late 1990s while I was still working at the University of Helsinki. I had some extra time at work every now and then and was able to take advantage of it by drawing sketches and writing magazine articles – hopefully none of my ex-bosses read this. I remember being insipired by then new Ford New Edge design which can be seen for instance in the fender lines. Also, Audi TT contributed to the roof section design. I don’t know when the Efigy project was started or if any photos were available before it was officially presented.

Messages In This Thread