Spotlight Hobbies

Not content to have 2 kits 1/2 finished on my table, I started a custom OBS GM pickup build.

I've had the ideas for this truck in my head for a while now so I started it a couple weeks ago.

Even went so far as to start an OBS pickup build-off on the magazine board but there hasn't seemed to be much interest, Oh well.

Anyway, I started with this gluebomb 454SS instead of one of my unbuilt kits. Not in great shape and that stuff was blued on the roof and front of the hood with about a 1/2 tube of glue. Some repairs were needed after I got them off. It is mostly there though except for one front wheel upright but I'll be making new ones for a lower ride height anyway.

I also cast a couple copies of the GMC style grille I did from scratch back over 30 years ago. It did not survive the process but I did manage to have one for this truck, one for another replica I'll be doing and one left to improve and recast in the future if Round2 doesn't beat me to it with a GMC or custom version of the new kits.

BTW, did anyone know the box of these trucks is actually about 2 inches narrower at the tailgate then at the front? I didn't until last weekend.
The new shortbox kit is about 4 inches narrower at the tailgate though. Noticed that when I was comparing them last week.

Messages In This Thread