Spotlight Hobbies

1934 Ford Pickup WIP Update – The “cargo”

Getting closer. I’ve got the chassis detail as far as it will go. And finish clear coating the cab. Getting the flatbed area “cargo” prepped and ready to install. The reason for the quotes around cargo will be evident in the final assembly.

The cargo will be a Coca Cola Cooler. I choose the AK Interactive Doozy brand 1940 Westinghouse unit for its detail and the fact that it is a refrigerated unit with detail. The ice chest in the AMT 61 Falcon Ranchero purportedly represents a water bath version and there is no internal detail, it would nee to be crafted.

The Doozy kit is meant to be weathered, but I choose to keep it refurbished but still rough with age. A motor and compressor assembly are provided. I decided to add a little more detail to represent some wiring and refrigerant lines. Not as detailed as a real one, but it gives the effect and will not be highly visible. I took an engine bay decal that looked close to a product plate and added it to the cooler body. I also crafted a weatherproof box to carry an inverter that the electrical plug can be placed. The box is under the bed on the pickup rail.

Remaining is to polish out the cab and do the final assembly. It should be ready for our upcoming Pacific Northwest Model Car Fest on May 4.

DSCF3380

DSCF3381

DSCF3383

DSCF3384

Messages In This Thread