Spotlight Hobbies

I landed the Hardtop last week from the site Host. I didn't have too great of expectations for it........

....but WOW! What a fun kit. I found little to not like about it. All new tooling and very positive chassis to body locating tabs make this thing a joy to build. I half expected it to have a promo style chassis, ( don't have the Convert, but I'll get one soon) , the only shortcoming for me was the promo style front suspension, or lack of a realistic front suspension. The marker lights and emblems seem a bit heavy handed, but I guess that's a better option than having them disappear under a coat of primer and paint. Only wish the marker lights were on the decal sheet. The separate rear seat was a nice touch, especially when doing a drag racing version. I love the positive header flanges to the heads mounting system. I also like the 440 option and the Automatic tranny, Nice change of pace to the Hemi 4 speed option. I'd guess that option could easily be sourced from the AMT RR or GTX if one wanted. ( suppose you could also source the front suspension from that kit too, but I don't want to work that hard on a shelf model) Over all I'd give it a 95..."has a good beat and you can dance to it" as they used to say on American Bandstand!

Messages In This Thread