Spotlight Hobbies

Calling it done..... '30 Model A Victoria Gasser. *PICS*

I actually started this one a few years back as a gasser coupe, based on Monogram's classic stock coupe kit....
Directions shifted a bit when I discovered one of Glen Ford's resin Vicky bodies on eBay...
Even after that, it languished on the project shelf, until I saw Tim Boyd's awesome '30 coupe gasser in Model Cars Magazine #222...
Then it was off to the {drag) races!!!!

Hosted on Fotki

The Monogram kit chassis was beefed up with extra cross members,
while suspension bits and rear differential were gathered from a deep dive through my parts bin...
The supercharged small block Chevy power plant was sourced from Monogram's '55 Chevy Gasser kit (formerly the BadMan}

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Body mods included removal of the running boards and hood sides.... Firewall was tunneled for engine clearance....
I also modified the top insert on the resin body, to more closely mirror the insert on an actual '30 Vicky...

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Though you can't really see it, I pieced together a somewhat suitable interior from the stock Model A and various parts bin bits....
Paint is Tamiya PS-17 Metallic Green, over Tamiya white primer, and was cleared using Dupli-Color 1K.... Decals are from various Slixx sheets....

Hosted on Fotki

For better or worse, this makes two finished this year.... Double of what I'd accomplished the previous two years combined.... And it's only mid-April!!!! ;-)

Messages In This Thread