Spotlight Hobbies

Working on some C8 Corvettes (PICS)

Hi all! I've not been updating what I've been working on recently, thought I'd let you all know. I've been looking at all the C5 (1997-2004) Corvettes I have and decided I needed to get some of these out of the boxes and on the shelf.

First off, I have to say that Revell did an excellent job on the C5 and C6 Corvette kits. Except for one thing, the front tires in the 2004 Z06 kit do not fit the front rims. The tires are too big in diameter and the rims slip right out. I have about three of these kits and they all exhibit the same thing. So, heads up, if you have one of these kits you will have to do something about those outsized front tires.

1997 Corvette Coupe in Testors Nassau Blue with clear

Interior will be black with gray seats.

1999 Corvette convertible in Tamiya TS-39 Mica Red

Black interior with Tamiya TS-68 wooden deck tan seats

1999 Corvette Coupe in Tamiya TS-60 Pearl Green

I had another 99 convertible but lost one of the rear-view mirrors, so I decided to use the rims from that on a 1997 kit and turn it into a 99 :-) I had painted the interior all wooden deck tan then realized the C5 Corvettes all had a black interior with grey, red, or tan seats. My bad. So this one has a custom interior and a custom body color.

2004 Corvette Hardtop Z06 in Tamiya TS-54 Metallic blue

Same black interior with grey seats. I am using a set of American SATCO tires on this build.

Group shot

I will be doing another coupe and paint it Tamiya Ts=45 Pearl white, This one will have the red painted seats with the black interior.

And just for fun, a beauty shot of my real one. Can't wait for the new Revell kit to be released. I will be getting six of the coupe and six of the convertible kits when they come out.

I added the front splitter, still up in the air if I want a rear wing on it or not. Probably not.

Thanks for looking all comments welcomed.

Messages In This Thread