Spotlight Hobbies

OTHER THAN YESTERDAY... I haven't been around. Sorry but I'm finishing up on Non-Frank projects which I'll post when done. For now just some updates. PIX and thanks for looking

Been plugging away at my 32 Chevy SD. Marty gave this to me couple of months ago so I could joy in on the build that Steve Milberry was in progress with then Marty threw in and well I felt the need to throw in as well and I have to admit for our board as well. I was going to cover the spare tire wells but Marty gave me one that didn't have them but I noticed that I couldn't mount the rear doors because it didn't have a SD floor pan so rather than bother anybody I decided to cut it off at the running boards. I've never built this kit before and it didn't have the visor or the firewall so I made my own. Headlight bar was broken but since I wasn't building stock I made myself a couple of mounts and put the 1930 Ford big headlights. The louvers on the black hood were breaking off so I was going to BMF them until Marty gave the hood and louvers. Wheels I pirated from the 37 Ford Truck. With some luck I can get it up on wheels in a few weeks, like I said I've been slipping this in between the cracks.

This is one of my non-Frank projects that is going to my PenPal in Pennsylvania. One night Dave and I were talking about my Buick I'm doing from the modified kit and the subject of a 64 Olds came up... Not sure or don't remember what prompted doing the 64 Olds into AWB but here it is in the just finished the install last night, now to do the perm filler and start on my 64 which is waiting in the wings. Using the 65 Chevelle AWB.

My friend Doug is an Olds guy... He recently bought a 67 Olds post/sedan car and asked me to take the kit to add the framing and post. I already delivered his car. This is the one I'm doing for myself. I built his 70 F85 last year w/ Ram Air hood and rear spoiler and he ask me to do a post on that kit as well. Next on the Olds he also has a 69 442 drag car that I'll be doing for myself as well.

Doing several of these post cars I don't remember if I ever posted this 64 Convertible turned into hardtop turned in a post/sedan using the 65 GTO roof Resto Mod

Messages In This Thread