Spotlight Hobbies

Here are details on the Custom Body FC

I used a Revell Duster kit and body from the McEwen kit, with decals from the original Revell Custom Body kit. The Duster has the greenhouse too far forward to replicate a 1974 Dart FC, but instead of moving the greenhouse back which would have required new decals, I moved the engine forward a bit so it would stick out of the windshield like the real car. I also modified the grill to look like a Dart, and used a Slixx grill decal. I opened up the front wheel wells, added wheel bumps from the Revellution funny car and removed the ridge down the center of the hood that Dusters have. The model has Comp Resins front wheels and rear slicks from the MPC Kalitta FC.

The kit decals were in good shape for being 45 years old when I built this. The kit decals didn't have anything for the decklid, and fortunately Tamiya Bright Red was a good match for the decals. Those decals also did not have the white stripe for the roof, trunk, or hood, so I used decal film. Chuck Boerner offers these decals on his Facebook page with all the white stripes included, so they'd be much easier to use.

Messages In This Thread