Spotlight Hobbies

Found another one. *PICS*

I think I posted the flamed Buick before, but I'm going to again, anyway.

I did a story in Scale Auto Enthusiast in 1995 that detailed one method for masking and spraying flames on a model.

I sold a couple of the models from that article like a dope, and I've talked about trying to get the Buick back because it was a cover model.

I had some old photos that I had taken in the spring of '95 in my back yard (two houses ago).

This shot shows all three at the time I did the story. The Mercury was never finished when I sold it.

As it turns out, the same guy who bought the flamed Buick also bought the Mercury and finished that one. Sadly, he has since passed away. A few days ago, his son posted it for sale on the big auction site and I bought it back. So now the Mercury is home and I have all the models built for that story again.

Here's the Merc as I got it yesterday.

And here's the Buick as it is today...

...and the '40.

I've been rearranging my display shelves trying to find more space and discovered that I have 61 models that were the subject of magazine feature stories. There are probably another dozen that were also sold and just for fun I keep watching out for those, too. Some I know I'll not get back but I never thought I'd see the Buick and Merc, either. You never know.

Terry

Messages In This Thread