Spotlight Hobbies

LITTLE KNOWN T-BOLT HOOD... Getting into these T-Bolts of Randy's he ask me if I knew anybody that cast this hood. I said no and I've never heard of it. PIX and thanks for looking

First off the hood is called a "Cloverleaf hood". Now for a little history lesson: If I remember what I read this hood was installed on the first 7 cars that were Maroon (one of the ugliest hood I've ever seen). The hood you see is of one of those T-Bolt's being restored. Anyway the question was asked if I knew anybody that would cast it and I told him no and who from a business end would spend the time, materials, and money for a little known hood that is ugly as heck. I think that would be a lost cause. After some thought and studying the shape of the hood I came up with an answer, (let me try). Started with the stock air cleaner as a template it looked like I was on the right track but I couldn't close the hood so I took it off cleaned up the glue and made the hole larger...... WA-LA IT WORKED. The problem now to to make that shape and we are rolling. Another issue is that I have to make two hood. You don't think I would just do one afterall I have to have one myself. I've got the extra street machine hood and got my drafting tools out and made a template.
You see the hood on one of the original cars and the restored hood.
On another note the Ford Drag Team (headed by Bob Brannan) discovered the car didn't run as well as the three teardrop hooded cars so at the hotel that night they switched hoods to the Teardrop from the Cloverleaf with a clear performance boost.

Messages In This Thread