Spotlight Hobbies

Speaking of Mopars...(All New!): The [1971] Scrap Box Challenge[r R/T]...or how to piece together an otherwise prohibitively expensive model topic from spare/leftover parts and a questionable resin body.... *LINK* *PIC*

Or....yet another project intended to be a stress-buster that didn't turn out that way.

It was a fully painted (MCW Mopar Hemi Orange Metallic) about 25 years ago), polished, and lightly cleared (around 2018 or 2019) resin rebop body that sat in my cabinet of partially finished projects. It kept starting at me every time I passed by. I always thought I could finish the model if I could find enough parts leftover from two other projects dating back over 50 years ago to finish the model.

It seemed like a great way to take a break from the major kitbash project that ended up on the cover of issue #222 of Model Cars Magazine. So?

Not really. Not even close. But it's done now, and you get a chance to take a look. Check out the photos and captions using the "Roll" feature tab at the link below for a narrated step-b-step build and more pix of the finished build.

Questions and comments welcome...and thanks for checking this one out. TIM

Messages In This Thread