Spotlight Hobbies

Built this one last fall...... *PIC*

Sorry for the background clutter, hopefully the weather will get better soon and I can get outside with some better photos. Anyway, it's the Monogram 79 Chevy Z/28, pretty much out of the box. I found the 1:1 pictures online from a Chicago area Muscle car dealer. The car was kind of rough but not awful for being 45 years old. I tried to copy some of the details of the 1:1. The color is only close to the real car. I added plug wires and looms, cut the snorkel off of the air cleaner, added exhaust headers from a Monogram Lumina stock car kit. Replace the undersized mufflers with some from a Monogram Mustang kit, added some gauge decals from a E bay dealer and drilled the wheel centers out of the factory wheels to replicate the wheels on the 1:1. The kit has the T Tops cut open, one of the things I really dislike about the kit so I just went with what I had. I left off all of the Z 28 decals except the one on the Hood and front fascia. I removed the lower grille from the kit as it was missing on the 1:1. The tires are the Monogram big n little from the parts box with the molded on lettering removed. I added an under the dash fuel pressure gauge but you can hardly see it through the windows. It's an OK build, certainly wouldn't enter it in a contest, but I'll display it at the back of the shelf. Comments welcome.

The 1:1

My build

Messages In This Thread