Spotlight Hobbies

1964Malibu SS Craftsman on the shelf (see inside)

I picked up this glue bomb Chevelle at a car show in Davenport , Iowa fifteen plus year ago.I heard the kit is finally being retooled and released. Might as well try to restore it now.

Malibu SS 1964
The heavy glue damaged the hood lines, fender lines, and the trunk lines on one side. The Kat from Amt sits in the back seat and is permanently attached so I left him there,

Malibu SS 1964
I was able to repair the damage to a level I was ok with for a shelf model. I removed the scripts except for the rear quarter Ones. I also removed the chrome along the top fender line. I never did care for the look of it back in the day. This way it will more closely resemble my 1965 Malibu SS 1/1 I drove back in the seventies.

It was worse than I thought once I got into it.

I mixed up a custom blue kind of a robin egg blue. Shot through airbrush.

Parts box provided wheel and tires. rear slicks are from a 62 Pontiac kit. Its a street machine dressed for duty at the local strip.

I like to detail my dash , but I could not get it out with out damage . So I spayed the interior black and did minimal detail painting, The Kat was also painted some.

The rear panel was glue damaged , removing the chrome and tailights would have destroyed the parts, I painted the panel black and touched up the lights with clear red.

I might put some foil behind the rear wheels. I had to do some touch up, so there is overspray on some foil, so I will fix that. I am on to the next.

Messages In This Thread