Spotlight Hobbies

When I was much younger, last thing you wanted to see in the rearview was that MSP battleship

I recall on Election Day in Nov. 1979, friends of mine and I were heading into Deerburn to vote, smash some burgers at Miller's, visit Windsor for a case of Extra Stock, then close out the evening at a local E. Lansing establishment watching the election results roll in.

On advice of counsel, I won't say exactly what we were doing in the car at that exact time, but that it would have been a very unpleasant situation if stopped by the MSP. As we were flying along well in excess of the 55 limit, that exact blue monster was on the back bumper of my truck, serious as a heart attack.

I felt a hammer shot of adrenaline, and time stood more or less still as the color drained from my face, waiting for the red gumball to go off and life as I knew it to head for the drain.

Then the big Mopar made a move to the passing lane and went by my truck like David Pearson sling shotting Cale for the checker . It took a moment or two to realize we had the dumb luck to be two miles from the MSP post at quitting time for the day shift.

Messages In This Thread