Spotlight Hobbies

Thanks for the perspective.
In Response To: Good points - ()

My thoughts are similar on the subject. I started building about the same time as you but all I've ever really been interested in is cars. I have mostly stuck to the US companies in 1/24 or 1/25, but I do have a few larger and smaller scale kits. For a muse I recently bought a Tamiya 1/35 WWII Jeep kit, as it struck my fancy. We'll see how it goes, but I don't think it will lead to a foray into military kits. I have a few other Japanese kits as well, as they covered subject matter that I was interested in, and I've been largely impressed by the kit quality in general.

The TMH 3D print body I bought was probably the most expensive but I did buy a few resin kits back in the day before shipping became crazy and back when there was a good trade deal between Canada and the US, so I didn't pay customs fees. With the current deal, my US purchases have largely stopped as it's now too expensive when you figure in super expensive shipping on top of it. With today's factors in mind, I'm thinking those resin kits would now be much more expensive than the TMH body I bought.

Messages In This Thread