Spotlight Hobbies

In response to Mike L and Bill Austin question, SORRY it took me so long.... My profile got caught up in that naughty word black hole. It was fixed pretty quick but then the bad weather hit and I was away from my computer. PIX and thanks for looking

Bill I thought I had better pictures but this is what was in my folder.
I got the request/dare/challenge kind of drawing a blank how this project came about but it was Tim Boyd that prompted the build and had something to do with getting Marty to build a boat.
At the time I was putting that Mustang Mach III Concept Car into all kinds of things from a Chrysler 300, 61 Ford Ranchero, 56 T-Bird, 59 Impala and I know I have one or two in the works some place in my black hole of projects to finish. Found a PT 109 believe 1/72nd cut about inch off the rear of the boat at an angle. Then I scratch built a deck, from there I cut the top portion of the Mustang III including the interior and yes I wanted to install the rear view mirrors, I cut the Mustang off just shy of the tail lights mocked it up by putting the Mustang on top of the deck for measurements. Got it all glued in and now it was ready for the Allison engine. Scratch built the engine area to mount the engine.
Once I got everything ready I used Sculpting Putty and shaped all the seams and getting it shaped to what you see (It's starting to show it's age though... little shrinking has been happening. The paint was the first time I tried something like that. I paint the Mustang portion gold took some black wash and just started swirling it to where I liked it, let it dry then I paint Blue Speck Cast over it and got that smoky effect. Paneled the hull up to get that wavy effect. The Jet drive I used a Monogram Funny Car transmission cut the angle and added a plate to mount on the boat., looked at pictures of the deflector and found part of a hood scoop cut it off and mounted it with a cable to determine the Rooster Tail.

Mike L actually I just got that Maverick from a club member as a trade about 4-5 months ago. It was built (Memory from him) back in the 80's even using thread for wirers. I had a 48 Chevy Woody that he had been hounding me to sell him. I didn't want to sell it. UNTIL he brought the Maverick into a monthly meeting and I told myself I would trade him my 48 for the Maverick which I thought he wouldn't do. Well he did. Now it's part of my Maverick collection. It's not the best build (he said that first) but I wanted it BIG TIME, being that is $ if you find one and the 48 Chevy's are getting a little harder to find but you still can find them more so then Maverick and if you do find one they are a box of parts or mint but $.

Messages In This Thread