Spotlight Hobbies

Modeler's A.D.D. is real and I have it..... *PIC*

Last night I decided to dig through my kit stash, to see if i could find a pair of non-whitewall slicks that would work better on my A gasser project....

Opening one of the Rubbermaid tubs where I store some of my "overflow" kits, there on top was an MPC 1990 Dodge Daytona Shelby box,
with "Resin Dodge 600 Convertible", scribbled in sharpie, across the box top.....

I remember picking this little "gem" out from a literal pile of oddball bodies that one of the vendors, at the final Toledo NNL, was selling for 10 bucks a pop....
No hood, interior, or chassis.... Just the body.... IIRC, someone from this message board sent me the box of Daytona parts,
but it was all just set aside and forgotten.... Until last night.....

Hosted on Fotki

So here is where the Modeler's A.D.D. kicks in.... All of the sudden the search for slicks is forgotten and I'm whittling away at an Omni O24 chassis
and cutting down and narrowing a Daytona interior, both from the box of parts where I'd stashed the body back in 2019, and digging out an old set of XS Tuning wheels....
Now if I can just scrounge or scratch a suitable hood.....

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

On the other hand, maybe I'd best just toss it back in the box and get back to working on the Vicky,,

Messages In This Thread