Spotlight Hobbies

A HUGH CHANGE OF DIRECTION.... But shouldn't really put a dent in my current/current projects. This is what I want to do. PIX and thanks for looking.

Several, several years ago my (our little group of B-N-B guy) little group of guys would meet for a Build-N-Bull session. Well in this particular case (turns out I went to HS with Roger the owner) we meet at Nostalgia Lane a Restoration Shop (Graveyard Cars, Kindig type shops). The HUG 69 Barracuda was stored there, and Roger did the restoration of Revell's 68 Dodge Dart (black boxart car). Anyway in the eat off the floor shop there sat this 71 Demon with the 3-2 set up, I believe it was a GSS Mr. Norm's car that just completed and in the showroom (not the car pictured but like that car).
Our fellow poster Chuck Wood text me on Friday and told me that that store with the blue and white lettering had them (won't stop me from buying from SL when they come in). Text back are you sure cause I haven't found anybody that has them yet. Yes that's the one so I checked our three stores they don't carry models. Text back "What store" return text "in this town" which was an hour east. So I asked wifey if she wanted to go for a ride and that breakfast was in the cards, we also made a day of it. OFF WE WENT. Stopped for breakfast then continued our trek. Got there (I have to admit I haven't gone into this name brand store in about 10 yrs.) went to the toys department and four were on the shelf so I did the Kevin Hart thing and bought them all. By the time these hit my where I usually buy from I'll have a bundle of them and I do have them deemed for projects in mind from HS friends cars to buying up Slixx decals a few months ago waiting for the day.
The car I'm aiming for.

I pirated the 3-2's from the Duster 340 kit but being MPC and AMT I had to do a little trimming on the intake. The MPC seems small to me but I don't remember the original kit. I won't be able to replicate the valve covers or the air clear but that's ok. Just to make sure everything fit I mocked everything to make sure it all fit under the hood, well it does.

I'm showing the wheel tire combo because the kit comes with temp print "Firestones" but they are the same size and I didn't want the same size, thinking I was going to have to change to "Goodyears" I went digging in my white letter tires box and found bigger "Firestones". Now I have the look I'm wanting along with "Scenes Unlimited" resin wheels and caps.

Funny addition to the story: When I got back into the car wifey asked me if my day was complete and I replied back "It wouldn't have been complete if you weren't with me"....
I had to add that in at the end because I figured one of these days in the near future I was going to need the brownie points cause I will mess up and I like to keep the credits in my mess up memory banks.

Messages In This Thread