Spotlight Hobbies

I haven't posted here for a while. I completed 15 models in 2023. Here they are.. PICS

This is a replica of Steve Bolander's 58 Impala from American Graffiti. It has a 3D printed tuck & roll interior designed by my son and a 327 with six Strombergs.

Revell Bronco. Pretty much box stock.

I built this replica of #16 of the 50 Fred Gibb COPO Camaros. I corrected a number of things including the exhaust. It also has poseable steering. This was my "Dream Car" night build.

I built this 32 Ford for "Hot Rod" night. It has a photo etched grill and a tuck & roll interior.

This was my "Truck " night build. I made the door decals and added a few details including Nova Scotia plates.

I robbed the exhaust from this kit for the above COPO Camaro. So what was left over make a perfect choice for a drag car. This is my first masking tape vinyl top. I had to make a few changes to make it a 1968.

I built this Mustang for display a a local car museum. As with most of my builds, the engine is wired. It also has a 1967 Nova Scotia license plate.

Building one of these has been on my to do list for a while. Opportunity knocked for "Out of Production" night at our model club. I added the usual details of BMF, spark plug wires and a Nova Scotia license plate.

This is the Polar Lights prepainted kit. I did paint a number of things. I would have preferred steel wheels and dog dish hubcaps, but the wheel attachments and tires in this kit were not compatible with wheels I had available.

My "Race Car" night build was this Moebius Plymouth. Box stock with BMF and plug wires.

I chose this AMT 1951 Chevrolet Bel Air for "Two-Tone" night. I added poseable steering along with plug wires, BMF and a Nova Scotia license plate

October is our "Build the same kit " month. This year it was the AMT 1962 Bel Air kit. Mine is stock with the usual detailing and poseable steering. The colour is Almond Beige.

I bought this Johan 1956 Plymouth at an NNL a few years ago. This was my choice for "Four Door" night. BMF and Nova Scotia plates.

Twice a year we do "kit swap" where those that choose to participate bring a wrapped unbuilt kit and then they are redistributed by a random draw.. The idea is to get something you wouldn't normally build. I lucked out and got this 1962 Catilina. I added the usual BMF and plug wires. The colour is Silvermist Green. It has California 1962 plates as Catalinas were not sold in Canada in 1962.

Last year I combined the Moebius 1965 Chevy II gasser with the AMT 1966 Nova body. This year I used the left over parts from this build to create this 65 Chevy II. This one has a Nova Scotia vanity plate "BANANA"

Messages In This Thread