Spotlight Hobbies

For a couple of years, it was in a company lobby in Buffalo...

Until four and a half years ago, I ran the business office for a congregation of Catholic Sisters. One of them was related to George Schuster, who drove the car in the NY-to-Paris race. The race was held in 1908, but the car was a leftover '07, a four-cylinder model that had been phased out (the '08 was a six). Apparently Schuster felt the new six-cylinder model wasn't sorted out enough to trust in the race.
The Wright gas station is interesting, but I'm not on the FLW bandwagon. Let's design a gas station with tanks on the roof, then let's get the fuel up there by putting water on top of it in the ground tanks to force it up. Then, with fuel tanks on the roof, what do we put inside the station itself? Not one, mind you, but two...fireplaces!
When I was there, they also had a restored Ford AA truck sporting the FLW proposed company logo for Veedol, the oil company the filling station was designed (on spec) for. With the truck standing still, you had to squint to make out the logo...if the truck was moving, forget it. Isn't the logo supposed to stand out and catch your eye? Like I said, I ain't a FLW fanboy...
--Mark

Messages In This Thread