Spotlight Hobbies

Back to work... *PICS*

I was sitting around going through boxes and trying to decide what to do next. So I went back to something I started earlier this year.

The Landmaster--this is a 1/25 scale 3D print. It's just a shell. It's been a PITA but I decided to get back to it and have some fun overcoming the problems.

I spent most of the afternoon trying to get these pods to fit. The fronts are an air intake of some kind, and the rears are weapons--some kind of gun. Still not happy, so I'll have to do more filing and sanding. All of these parts are slightly too big for the holes in the body, so it's sand and fit, sand and fit. The sensor array and the rocket mount have the same problem--sand and fit...

The surface doesn't seem to like paint so I scrubbed it really well and applied some Zinzer BIN shellac. That'll give the primer a better surface once it's all smoothed out. With the body divided into quarters I have a lot of seam lines to smooth (parts fit isn't great).

Rather than mess with the center pivot, I decided to just glue it solid. The pivot point is the wrong shape, and the center section wasn't really long enough to prevent big gaps from showing if you tried bending the model. I don't play with stuff like that anyway. This is just a shelf model.

The Dodge pickup gives you an idea of relative size.

Here's a shot up on it's wheels. The original truck had no real suspension. The tires were kept at low pressure so they functioned as "springs."

Sand and fill, sand and fill. Probably the most important part is to get the surface nice and smooth. This is supposed to have a metallic finish. We'll see.

It's fun...

Terry

Messages In This Thread