Spotlight Hobbies

k

I was on the run all day between changing storage garages (Getting my 68 Biscayne and my 98 Truck/Caddy into one garage) that will save me from the cost of 3 garages. When I got home from my running around I was getting Oliver ready for a walk when wifey told me I had a package from the mail. I CAN NOT SHOW MY APPREICATION TO JACKY for sending this to me. The other day we were talking about what kit we'd like kitted and I mentioned the 70-71 Cyclone. WELL THIS WAS THE PACKAGE. I could not be more surprised and humbled by this gift. This is after I washed the body. As we type I've got it all taken apart. Few broken pieces now but I'll get it to work.

Here is my granddaughter and her new tractor... Most important is everything is still there except the front wheels were metal.

I'm trying to slip this one in between the cracks. I've got ready to paint but couldn't get to it today.

About 2 weeks ago I won this on that site that you look for stuff. I have built a few Hot Rod/Street Rods by not the norm, Anyway for whatever reason I had to have it. Once at home I had it sitting on my bench while working on my AWB Chevelle and I kept thinking something is missing but I loved the stance. Next thing you know I have the wheels/tires knocked off then noticed that it had no headlights and no tail lights, well into my parts box I found what I needed. Then I notice it had a 29-30 grille well back into parts box I found a 32 grille so I cut to match the lowered body. The only thing I don't know what color so I may just paint it chrome. I've seen that years ago. Noticing the roof I didn't really like it blue cause it had texture on it so I mask it off wrap aluminum foil around it and painted it white (Thanks Marty for the tip on color). Since changing this I wanted to build my own so I went down to Dekalb IL to my friends and got a nice virgin kit. Being down in that area I stopped at my granddaughter's (and her dad) house to see the new/old tractor that they are going to restore but leaving the patina on it. Added the license plate and the pinstriping. Oh it had an aircleaner from the T-Bolt and it wasn't making it for me so I put the three deuces aircleaners.

Here is the new AWB Chevelle all I have to do is polish it and decal it.

At the swap/contest Marty had a table for stuff for sale and this was on the table so I asked why he is selling it (I really loved it when he finished it), Well he wasn't happy with the fade and I mentioned that I'd like to buy it, well Marty and I have done a lot of horse trading and he told me to just take it and we'd figure it out later. I couldn't resist so home it came.

Project I wanted to do for a few years and decided now was the time.

Messages In This Thread