Spotlight Hobbies

SHAMEFUL REQUEST.... I'm looking for IF someone has one in their stash just collecting dust a AMT 1967 Corvette interior. I would greatly appreciative. Has to be 67. ***INSIDE FOR STORY*** PIX and thanks for looking

Let's go back to 2015 maybe getting ready for the elections. Found this Corvette at a swap meeting in a bag and in pretty bad shape. I managed to use some 63 parts to fill in the gaps. I got it this far but then discovered the decals were not available so in the box it went for another day. About five years ago my Chicago friend Frank I was helping move and I came up with this box, Frank and I got to talking about and the decals were in the box, he said take them see if you can get them redone or scanned but he wanted them back. So for a few years I've talked to people about redoing them or scanning them. Finally I was able to get somebody to redo them but it required mailing them to Canada but I wasn't comfortable sending them not that I wouldn't get them back from him but getting lost in the mail and he paid big $ for the box/decals so I hung on some more.

About three months ago I acquired a lurking pen pal now good friend from Pennsylvania. One night here a few weeks ago he mentioned this car I started (we had been back and forth'g pictures of real and model cars) way back then I told him the story and he told me a friend of his had done those very decals way back but wasn't sure if he had any left... WELL low and behold I got these a few days ago so I had to dig out the Corvette so now it's on it's way to finishing it.

Because of conversations he decide to hook him self up to Spotlight and joy the family. He is searching for a hosting site (he's like me our VCR's are still flashing 12). I gave him some ideas so he just has to feel comfortable. When the time comes I will be proud to introduce him to our little family.

Oh almost forgot I've got an interior but is has the big "O" glue melt down on the console... I painted it buttttt. So if someone can help I would love you forever HAHA! but yes. Keep in mind the 63-66 interiors are different than the 67 mainly the center console and the seat pattern.

Crappy rainy days this past week and I've been wanting to finish the Chevy hauler with clear then I can finish. Jacky gave me some tips but because of him I have another one in the works using his ideas and pictures he sent me.

Messages In This Thread