Spotlight Hobbies

TRAIN GUYS: The 41st Annual Temple Model Train Show is tomorrow and Sunday here in central Texas.

For folks interested in model trains or just trains in general: There is a model trains show this Saturday (tomorrow) 10:00-5:00 and Sunday 10:00-4:00 by the Central Texas Area Model Railroaders at the Frank Mayborn Convention Center, 3303 North 3rd in Temple, Texas which is on I-35 between Austin and Waco, Texas.

Exits off I-35: I-35 N exit 303B and I-35 S exit 303. Admission is $10 good for both days, 12 and under are free, and a $1 discount for Seniors(!) and Military with ID.

Temple has a strong history and tradition in railroading. There probably is a more detail at their site, www.centramodrr.com, but I recently reset a bunch of my security settings to ultra steep without really knowing all the effects that would have and something I did is blocking nearly everything for me now. I will deal with straightening out all that later but thought you should know it comes up as "not secure" like many do, but it is the site listed in the local Temple Daily Telegram newspaper and they have been having articles about it in addition to the ads so it is a real event and supposed to be kind of a big deal with running layouts, etc.

Messages In This Thread