Spotlight Hobbies

A few "Mach Won" ideas/questions -

IIRC, the Mk.1 Mod.0 AMT Louisville Race Car Carrier from '71 had box art depicting the "Mach Won" as the payload, but was never released with same. Seems like a big opportunity to me, but dunno how much they would have to charge for that combo to get it off the ground. Guessing it would be in Kit Kar plus Hauler category

Question for Tim Boyd, Mark B.- is the underlying Funny car chassis same as the AMT Kenz and Leslie 1/25 High Country Cougar?

Eons ago, I found one at a local store, box price. (Guessing Mother's worry may have the remains?) Started gluing up the body and puttying seams, but a combination of excess application and poor technique sent it back to the box.

Some parts from that surfaced recently, along with a virtually uncut decal sheet - and a deal with my resin-pushing cohort turned up a radiused-wheelwell Cougar FC body.

You can probably hear the gears whirring... as the modeler ADD kicks in.

As an aside to the aside, I punted on the opportunity to buy a painting of the outstanding cover art painting at a local automobila store (SFX: SOUND OF FOREHEAD BEING WHACKED) Oh the difference between what we know now and then...

Messages In This Thread