Spotlight Hobbies

I'M HOME..... On a personal note: Turned out to be a really bad trip, got home on Sunday and trying to recover from a straight 23hr home. I did get to a few projects. PIC and thanks for looking

Day before we left I was packing my bag and I guess Oliver didn't want me to go. So when I got back I shook off my shakiness off my legs and went to get Mr. Big Shot. The ride home he was staring a hole in me because I left him.
Wifey and I have a "Timeshare" in Pompano Beach Florida spend a few days in Port St Lucie to visit my aunt which just had surgery a few weeks ago "Mass behind her right eye". Well couldn't save the vision in that eye and she still has to go thru sessions of chemo. Anyway on the way down she call me to tell me that my cousin "by marriage" had a heart attack and wasn't expected to make but he hung on until this morning where he passed. So wifey and I decide to keep driving and see them during the week. PSL is about an hour drive to PB so we got there about 2am but couldn't check into the timeshare until 4pm so we went to check in a hotel and decide for a few hours $300 a night wasn't going to happen... So we got a little breakfast (Denny's) to kill time, drove around for a little while then we went back to the timeshare and found a parking spot in the rear and slept in the car for a few hours. Daylight came drove until we found a restroom. Well when we came back out my 'Check Engine Light" came on.... I had to know didn't want to take any chances with wifey in the car. Found a Cadillac dealership in Ft Lauderdale that the service dept worked Saturday's. Put the sensor thingy on it and it came back with a leak in the evaporator and something else tied to it. Advisor told me to bring it back on Monday. Monday I hung around for some results and I would have to leave because they didn't have the part and because of the condition of the part and it's all apart soaking to crack the bolts and stuff. Well $3400.00 and 3 days I got the car back. Drove back up to PSL checked into an Embassy Suites but about 2am I woke up couldn't go back to sleep so off we went. By this time we were so discussed and I was feeling good so we decided to drive thru.

Just before I left I ordered new decals for a few cars so I spent the last couple of night decaling and doing the trim work and BMF'g the bumpers on my F/C's and doing nik-naky stuff to the other projects I have. The decals were at the post office when I got home.

Also waiting for me was a 59 Elky so I can pirate the Caddy motor from it for the 1960 Nationals 33 Willy's that OG won the Ranchero.

Messages In This Thread