Spotlight Hobbies

Hi all! I've been gone on a family vacation to Yellowstone in the winter with Grandkids. Took about a week to recover. Now, in anticipation of Round2 announcing a cloning of the 67 Galaxie, I've decided to start building mine. (PICS)

I am ashamed at how much I paid for this kit last year, but you know how it is. If you gotta have it then you gotta have it. Once I got it home, I realized it did not have a dash in it. Drats. I spent months trying to get one from that auction place. I finally got a resin copy of the kit just for that dash. Then, wouldn't you know, a dash and steering wheel showed up from a promo so I got that instead. Anyways, I started putting the original kit together today. I'm not sure what I'll do with the resin copy, probably try to peddle it.

I'm using the tires and wheels from the new release 68 Coronet convertible kit. The stock wheels would not fit the tires and they did not look too good anyway, so I adapted the tires and Cragar GT wheels over to the Galaxie. I think they will look really good after I detail paint the spokes.

Now that I've started working on it I know Round2 will announce this is the new cloning project :-)

Thanks for looking. All comments welcomed.

Messages In This Thread