Spotlight Hobbies

Revell Porsche 911 Targa is finished.

I'm glad this one is done. While I'm not a big fan of Porsches, this kit somehow ended up with a rake and I'm not sure why or how. Perhaps I put the spindles in upside down but I followed the instruction booklet pretty closely. For a brand new tool, it did have some flash and some parts had to be "convinced" to go together. Some parts were rather fiddly and required extra care not to let them fly off into the cosmos when either snipping them off the sprues or handling them.Most of the kit went together like a dream and the design that allowed the windows to be glued in from the outside was excellent. Engraving was quite nice though I wish they had tooled up the wheels with a separate outside rim so they would have been much easier to paint. The interior went together nicely though the rear seat cushion to side panel interplay was a little less than ideal. The engine looks great and online reference photos were very helpful with that and the suspension parts. It might be me but it seems like the tires are a bit narrow but whatever, es ist fertig! The paint is Testors Purplicious lacquer cleared with Duplicolor 1K and the interior is flat white with some light grey flocking for carpet. I think my friend Sara will like it. Thank you for looking and I appreciate all the comments. After two German sports cars in a row, I'm now working on a mid-60's 442 kit. Have a good Thursday!

Bob Kremer

Messages In This Thread