Spotlight Hobbies

I have had great luck with it

On my 1/8 '65 Corvette, over a basecoat of plain old lacquer from a paint jobber custom spray bomb.

My own impatience put me in a box, though. I had a beautiful day in late fall sunny and warm enough to spray, but neglected to account for the brief wind gusts that dropped some dust specks in the finish.

Worked it down with 1000 / 2000 then used an Amazon.com polishing kit with my dremel and some go-tos like Scratch-X and the Tamiya compound.

Looks great, like a real, 1:1 finish, not like a bass boat or barstool. Still need to give it a final pass of meguiars #3. And fix the giant chip in the backlight trim #klutz

If I had a. not been so impatient and waited for either an evening when the dryer and washer were down (no painting while momma's doing laundry) or b. was back in rattle can practice and activating my muscle memory it would not have needed any cut and buff at all.

There are about a dozen nits stlll in the build, but as my friends in the B-Building at Ford Rouge would say, "let it go!"

Messages In This Thread