Spotlight Hobbies

I hope the upcoming revised board will include the hints on posting pictures, a blank replying box instead of the repeat of the post being replied to, some general content rules - profanity (the "naughty" rule), insults or trashing, selling, promoting competitors. And keep

the indentions system for replies and the various color changes for posts: blue posts, purple already viewed posts, and the red "New" for posts since the last time on the board. And - the main reason I got on this thought train - please allow posting larger pics from computer files with whatever security screen is necessary to protect the board and its members and viewers.

The method of gaining access to post - required profiles with name or handle and email address and profile to post and their access method (but make that trick be accessed only after they have profiles), direct links back to the site's commercial sections and support with a header for notices like new releases, upcoming availability, ways to contact Matt and Dawn for submitting offers to sell them items or collections, the product search system much as it is now with items by subject first then manufacturer so that the various items of each subject are first rather than the exact item and all the potentially relevant items of one manufacturer precede those of another manufacturer and with the ability to also search by manufacturer or the various categories in use now.

I have just kind of rattled that off so there are things that are already existing or projected to be included that I may have duplicated or some I have failed to address at all, but the board is well structured to allow conversations that I hope that framework will remain. This is a great meeting place for this group and I hope it continues to have that appeal. Thanks, folks, and mainly thanks Matt and Dawn for continuing this board and Tom Carter's vision.

Messages In This Thread