Spotlight Hobbies

Yet even more NASCAR chassis questions. ..........

You know how those early mid 1970's MPC NASCAR kits had that generic same chassis fits all had an adjustable wheelbase because it had a 2 piece floor pan chassis? You could glue the 2 chassis/floor pan parts together in a shorter or longer length? Did the MPC NASCAR kits of the 1980's have that same exact chassis? You just had to glue the 2 part chassis/floor pan in the short position. I'm not finding those old 1970's longer wheel base MPC kits at an affordable price. The Model King Cyclone and Laguna are also expensive (for me).

Another question. I have not built a Salvinos JR kit yet, but I looked at the instructions and the 2 part floor/chassis is virtually identical to the 1970's MPC chassis. Am I correct in assuming that the Salvinos JR kits of the 1970's long wheelbase cars have the same parts as the shorter 1980's cars?

So, basically what I'm asking is, will the MPC 1980's NASCAR kits work under a longer wheel base body from the 1970's? Same question for the Salvinos JR kits?

The Salvinos JR kits and the 1980's MPC kits are more reasonably priced that the old 1970's MPC and Model King kits.

Thanks everyone

Messages In This Thread